CPS Energy’s Students Interested in Technical Education Internship Program (SITE) program is designed to focus on the student who is interested in pursuing a technical or skill craft career, such as welding, manufacturing, information technology and other trades taught at Alamo Academies at the high school level. Most importantly, the program will develop a pipeline of young workers prepared to take on jobs in our industry. High School Juniors’ enrolled in the Alamo Academies Program are eligible to apply for an 8-week paid internship with CPS Energy.
- Junior in high school enrolled at Alamo Academies in one of the following: Advanced Technology & Manufacturing Academy, Aerospace Academy, Information Technology & Security Academy, or Diesel Technology Academy
- At least 16 yrs. of age
- Grade average of 2.00 or higher
- Above Average Attendance
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Participate in full-time summer employment with CPS Energy for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Attend all activities sponsored by CPS Energy during summer employment
- Must reside in CPS Energy service area
- Pass a drug test, background check, physical and aptitude test prior to summer employment with CPS Energy
Fill out a CPS Energy online application https://careers.cpsenergy.com/
You will be prompted to upload/attach the following documents to your online application:
- Current High School Transcripts; include Class Standing form
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Parent Consent Form, if under the age of 18
- 2 essays on the following topics:
Essay 1: What are your career skills & interests and how are they relevant to CPS Energy?
Essay 2: Safety in the Workplace - What are your thoughts about the following statement?
Read the following: ‘CPS Energy cares about people and safety is emphasized in everything we do. We are all responsible for safety, we train and equip our employees to work as safely as possible.’
Explain how the statement applies to your career interest.